Domesticity
Cleaning. Cooking. Creating order out of chaos. These are things God has called me to as a woman! What a difference meditating on this truth made tonight as I desperately sought to finally clean my house, wash my dishes, and do my laundry. I found joy in these mundane tasks, as I realized anew that by tending to these tasks, I was bringing God glory and cultivating domesticity. Love for the home is something God has put in our hearts and desires us to cultivate for His glory. While I absolutely love my home and take great delight in beautifying it, I find that at the end of a long day at work, I often don't willingly embark on these domestic adventures! Lord, thank you for the grace to cultivate a love for the home even in this busy season! May You enable me to do this for your glory and to serve and care for your people! This gives meaning to the mundane...
Comments