Quite a year

In one month it will have been a year since I packed up my little red rodeo and drove across the US with my dear mom, headed for the east coast. Little did I know that it would prove to be an adventure of a lifetime. Leaving San Diego and my dear church (as well as my dear brother) was beyond heart-wrenching. And yet knowing God had called me to go made it possible. Deep lessons of faith were being wrought in my soul. 

My mom and I enjoyed an amazing trip full of fun memories!! I then spent a wonderful 6 months in beautiful Greensboro, NC, enjoying sweet time with my parents as well as making some new friends at the church we attended. Little did I know that the Lord was not done calling me to a new assignment - again! After a season of waiting on the Lord, knowing something was ahead but not knowing what, the Lord clearly called me to relocate again to Gaithersburg, MD to serve Jeff Purswell at the Sovereign Grace Pastors College. This was a complete shock to me. I certainly would have never imagined God would call me to MD. So again, I packed up my little red rodeo and my mom and I drove to MD. The rest is history. 

So here I sit, 11 months after leaving SD. I've lived in 3 states in less than a year. Change has been in the air. I am now in Gaithersburg, wondering how I got here! No, truly I am reveling at the sovereignty of God. It has been quite a year. I am grateful to be here and have seen the Lord mightily at work in countless ways. I stand amazed. In awe. Full of gratitude. He is faithful. 

Comments

The Gist Family said…
Melissa,

What a joy it has been to watch God move you literally and spiritually over the past year and before! The passion with which you serve our Savior is contagious and the depth of your faith in His goodness and sovereignty is encouraging. Thanks for taking us along in your journey!

Love & hugs,
Tina (for the Gist fam :)
Anonymous said…
I was truly blessed to read this entry. Thank you for sharing with us, Meliss... and giving us a little glimpse of your heart! Love you!
Kim said…
Melissa, I am glad we are both in Gaithersburg this year! Thanks for sharing! It was encouraging!

Oh and love the photo header. Where was it taken?
Megan said…
Thankful for you my friend.

Popular Posts