Aware of what He's done, not what I have to do
I woke up this morning very aware of my endless to-do list. Things are very busy at work. Busy at home. Always more to do than I have time to accomplish. I woke up burdened. The Lord convicted me in Matthew 11 as I was reminded to "come to Him, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Come to Him. Dwell on the sacrifice of Christ. The Lord met me this morning with fresh reminders of the Savior's grace shown to me on the cross. I want to be meditating today on all that He's done!! Not on my task list. In light of his mercy, not only does my task list fade in primacy, but it also becomes a privilege. Because of his lavish grace, I GET to serve Him. What a Savior!
"But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy." Titus 3:5
Comments
i found your blog today! ;) i am here in NC for the week! will you be back??
hope you have an incredible day and experience the joy of getting done what God has planned for you to do. ...a good reminder for me when i get back to work after a week off (ahhhhhh! :)
jennifer lightfoot