Leave to your God
This month at church, we have been memorizing the hymn "Be Still My Soul." This morning, the Lord really illuminated a few lines of the song and used them to greatly encourage me! Especially as I am beginning my last week as a 29 year old. I have found myself bemoaning this birthday in many ways...I always thought I would be married by now, have children, etc...But in this past week, I sense the Lord really preparing my heart to CELEBRATE His goodness. He has been so good to me. And here's where the lines from the hymn come in - As we were singing "Leave to Your God to order and provide," it was as if the Lord was speaking directly to me. Then the second verse "Be still my soul, your God will undertake to guide the future as He has the past. Your hope, your confidence, let nothing shake." Thank You, Lord, for how You have so faithfully led me these past years! Nothing will shake my confidence in Your sovereign plan for my life. It may look differently than I had planned (and often does!), but it is YOUR PLAN. I leave my life to you to order and provide. And I eagerly await ALL that You have for me in the coming year!
Comments
Thanks for your encouragement, Amanda! And hey, I'm not a thirty something yet!! :) ha! That's a few years from now! (I know what you mean though...)