How am I managing my time? All the moments add up . . .

Today was an incredible time at church. Josh Harris spoke on the sluggard from Proverbs. And specifically how we manage our use of the internet, technology, etc...In light of this and the ways the Lord was convicting my heart, I am going to be taking somewhat of a "fast" from Facebook and the blogs I check so regularly. Now don't get me wrong! I know these means of communicating are oftentimes a gift from the Lord and provide ways for us to encourage each other! 

However, I want to take this week to really evaluate and take stock of my internet use. So you won't see me much in cyberspace. (although if you email me, I of course will respond!! I'm not disappearing!). 

I'd encourage you to check out the sermon I'm referring to . . . (www.covlife.org). It was so convicting. (This may not be an area you struggle with...but as technology increases, this is a new area to evaluate). And the Lord moved so mightily in many hearts this morning. The congregation really was encouraged with a fresh passion for the Savior and a desire to serve Him with our days - "Take my life and let it be, ever only all for Thee. Take my moments and my days, let them flow in ceaseless praise." Amen and amen!! I want to live my days strategically and with purpose for God's glory!!! I know you do too! I'm grateful for walking this walk with you, dear friends!

Comments

Jen said…
Oh, Melissa, this is SO good. My mom & I were just talking about this today. In the last month, since the conference, I've spent more time with God, which means other things have fallen to the wayside - some of the blogs I used to keep up with & I've spent less time on Facebook and other things like that. We have to choose what will most occupy our time - I want it to be Him first & my family second and then my close friends :) Thank you for the reminder & the link. I just finished listening to it - WOW. Very convicting.
Mama V said…
I'm still blown away by the fact that the Lord impressed this very message upon our hearts at the exact same time!

Popular Posts