Incline my heart
For a class I'm taking at church, we have a number of scripture verses to memorize. This one in Psalm 119 has really been affecting me. Affecting me in a good way! What a simple way to phrase such a profound request. I want to pant after the Word of God . . . I want to desire to obey His commandments above all. I want to build my life around His truth and not my own selfishness. Lord, would you do this work in my heart? Would you help me at the start of each day to hunger after Your Word? And in the midst of the day when decisions cross my path, by Your grace alone, may I choose to obey Your Word as opposed to following my own selfish desires. Incline my heart to fear You!
"Incline my heart to your testimonies and not to selfish gain." Psalm 119:36
Comments