This day

"The stages of their journey (the Israelites), dull and eventless as most of them were, were each a necessary part of the movement toward the fulfillment of the promise ... Single life may only be a stage of life's journey, but even a stage is a gift. God may replace it with another gift, but the receiver accepts His gifts with thanksgiving. This gift for this day. The life of faith is lived one day at a time, and it has to be lived - not always looked forward to as though the "real" living were around the corner. It is today for which we are responsible. God still owns tomorrow." - Elisabeth Elliott

Oh I too want to accept each day as a gift from my Savior! He knows what I need. I want to accept today with joy! And look towards tomorrow with hope. Not because I'm hoping the Lord gives me the next stage of marriage, but because my hope is in His goodness. This is why I can look to the future confidently, fully convinced He is at work.

Comments

Jen said…
I love this! What a good reminder to live in the moment & with a thankful heart. I'm so happy you have this blog - I keep thinking about my friend who found your blog through mine and has been encouraged by your joy in this season. We never know who is being blessed and encouraged by our lives! Keep writing, friend. You're impact reaches further than you know! :)
Mama V said…
I have always LOVED that quote! I remember writing it out once when I read her book a few years ago... I took great comfort in it, and it spoke major truth to my soul.
Melissa Goins said…
Jen - Thanks for your encouragement!!! Although my settings are more private now, so I'm not sure who is actually reading it!! Hopefully it is encouraging folks! But the Lord really uses it for me too - as a way to express all that He's doing in my heart!! Thanks for your encouragement!

Vaness - I know! It's such a great quote!!!! I need to keep reminding myself again and again! Maybe I'll put it on my bathroom mirror!! :)

Popular Posts