Anticipating what God has in store!

Well, I'm busily packing over here. I fly to San Diego in a few days to enjoy a huge college reunion at my alma mater, Christian Heritage College. What a trip down memory lane it shall be...old friends, my old professors, old stomping grounds, you name it.

The Lord has graciously provided resources for me to enjoy this special 40th year celebration at the college. A highlight this year is bringing together all of the music students from the college. So a highlight for me will be seeing these dear folks, and particularly singing with some "Legacy" members (the traveling group I used to sing with in college). What a hoot it will be! And I get to enjoy it will all with my close friend Vanessa by my side. I really can't wait!! (And we're cramming in lots of other fun things too!!!!!) She was my dearest friend in college, and she still remains so...what a gift!

And then of course a HUGE blessing will be staying with my brother and sis-in-law!! I can't wait to see them, hang out, eat at yummy restaurants, enjoy "Peeet's coffee," catch up on life, see Marisa's pregnant belly, and enjoy some family time!

I'm so grateful to the Lord for providing this time away to look back on what He's done in my life, reconnect with old friends and just celebrate! I really can't believe it's been 10 years since I graduated...where does the time go?

My prayer as I go is that my heart would be steadfast, anchored in the sure love of my Savior and confident in the good work He's done in my life since college days. There is a temptation (I already see it coming!) to compare myself with others who are married and have families since those days...but alas, how can I complain when my Savior has given me more than I deserve? He hasn't seen fit to bring me a husband yet, and I want to willingly embrace what He's had for my life up until now. Sure, the story isn't finished yet. But just the same, I have much cause to rejoice and tell of His wondrous works in my life up until now!! This is where I want my heart to dwell this next week - Full of peace, joy and much gratitude as I glorify my Savior!!! He HAS been good! In ALL of His dealings me!!!

Here's to a wonderful week!!! I'm looking to the Lord for all that He has for me, and all the people He would want me to encourage this week!! May my eyes be on others and not myself!!

Can't wait to get on that plane, headed for the warm sunshine! :)

Comments

Jen said…
Your honesty and purity of heart brought tears to my eyes. It strengthens my resolve to pray all the more boldly on your behalf, dear friend. You would be such a godly wife and mother. I look forward to meeting the man who the Lord deems worthy of your heart. I need to go grab some tissues. Hugs, Jen
Mama V said…
Just read this.. haven't been on blogger in months. What a precious time we had! Many many answered prayers. And the Lord surprised us by making it an even better weekend than we anticipated!!! Love you!

Popular Posts