A dining room table, faith, and other provisions
I have a dining room table now. I've been so wanting one. I'm not sure that I'd even prayed about it, but it's been a growing desire. Through a series of unbelievable events, I randomly came across the perfect set, the style I'd really wanted, at a garage sale, crazy deal, they even delivered it to my house and carted it up the stairs! After the whirlwind, I stood staring at my table, in awe and sheer delight. God lavishly and quickly provided, granting a desire of my heart. And I didn't go looking for it, manipulating things to make it happen. From start to finish, He did every last thing.
Standing and looking at this table, I was struck. God met my need. And He did it quickly. He did it unexpectedly. My table is a tangible reminder to me of my God's care, the fact that He sees my needs, and He acts. As I prayerfully ask the Lord for a Godly husband, these truths build my faith. He provides for me every day in so many ways. He will be faithful even in this. He sees. He acts. He provides. My dining room table speaks to me, standing as a reminder of my God's goodness.
Comments