2014: Glad Expectations of God

O Love Beyond Compare, Thou hast loved me before the foundation of the world, and in love didst redeem my soul; Thou dost love me still, in spite of my hard heart, ingratitude, distrust. Thy goodness has been with me during another year,leading me through a twisting wilderness, in retreat helping me to advance,when beaten back making sure headway. Thy goodness will be with me in the year ahead;I hoist sail and draw up anchor, With thee as the blessed Pilot of my future as of my past.” (Valley of Vision) I am sitting here at my kitchen table with a pot of hot tea with honey, nursing a bad case of bronchitis and feeling the urge to write. My heart is full. For the year was full. A new year always affords me the chance to look back on all God has done and to look ahead towards what is in store. However, this launch of the new year is a little different for me. Harder. I find myself weary and reeling. Amazed that a year has passed. But also overwhelmed to even stop and take stock of all that has happened. It has been one of the hardest years we've faced as a family. Very close brushes with death. Family illnesses. Heart-wrenching trials. I've cried more this year than maybe ever. But yet, His goodness was with us. Leading us through every single day. The days filled with joy and laughter. And the days that were filled with tears and fearful wondering about the future. So rather than blog about all highlights of 2013 and my hopes for 2014, I am choosing to focus on the God of every story. The God of every year. My God who has proved Himself faithful beyond measure. When I thought I couldn't stand, He held me up. When I thought I couldn't face the day, He carried me. And as I look back on the past year, I see mercies abounding! He worked wonders in our midst. Preserved family's health. Miraculously in many instances!! I praise Him for His wonderful dealings in our lives! So the reason I can look to 2014 with hope and glad expectations of my God has everything to do with who He is! The goodness will be with me in the year ahead...Happy 2014!!!

Comments

Popular Posts