He is my home
"The eternal God is your dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms..." Deut. 33:27
Tomorrow I get the keys to my new apartment. I have mixed feelings. While I very much anticipate nesting and making a home, I also find myself struggling to process this past year away from Louisville. It was a very sweet year caring for family. A part of my heart is still in Virginia. And now I'm back. And that is sweet as well. But I find myself longing for family. Longing for a sense of belonging. Feeling very disoriented. My things are scattered across two states and a multitude of places. I don't feel settled.
I drove by my new apartment tonight and was struck with a sense of excitement mixed with sadness. Am I ready to dig in and establish another residence? Life is starting a new chapter, and I'm trying to catch up.
But in the midst of the swirling emotions, the Lord is reminding me that where He calls me, He will establish me. I can trust that He has called me back to Louisville and He will be faithful to settle me. To give me a fresh sense of belonging. A sense of home.
And what's more - He is my home. He is my dwelling place. He is holding me secure. His everlasting arms are underneath me. So I can take a deep breath and face MOVE DAY with a glad and peaceful heart. For He holds me fast, and He will make this new place my home. I'm resting in these reminders as I go to sleep tonight. He is my dwelling place.
Tomorrow I get the keys to my new apartment. I have mixed feelings. While I very much anticipate nesting and making a home, I also find myself struggling to process this past year away from Louisville. It was a very sweet year caring for family. A part of my heart is still in Virginia. And now I'm back. And that is sweet as well. But I find myself longing for family. Longing for a sense of belonging. Feeling very disoriented. My things are scattered across two states and a multitude of places. I don't feel settled.
I drove by my new apartment tonight and was struck with a sense of excitement mixed with sadness. Am I ready to dig in and establish another residence? Life is starting a new chapter, and I'm trying to catch up.
But in the midst of the swirling emotions, the Lord is reminding me that where He calls me, He will establish me. I can trust that He has called me back to Louisville and He will be faithful to settle me. To give me a fresh sense of belonging. A sense of home.
And what's more - He is my home. He is my dwelling place. He is holding me secure. His everlasting arms are underneath me. So I can take a deep breath and face MOVE DAY with a glad and peaceful heart. For He holds me fast, and He will make this new place my home. I'm resting in these reminders as I go to sleep tonight. He is my dwelling place.
Comments