What a difference a few hours make...

Well today I did it! I actually got up early!! I have been convicted lately of my not rising early enough to have quality time with my Savior! So my dear mom served me this morning with my 6 am phone call. It was as if the Lord even woke me up ahead of time...For no reason whatsoever, my eyes popped open at 5:30. What a treat to spend a large chunk of time at His feet this morning! As of late, I have been waking up late, rushing out the door, fitting in short quiet times....not the best way to prepare my heart for the day. And it always amazes me what a huge difference this time at the Savior's feet makes. I can have the exact same day - same challenges, same tasks, same blessings...and I respond completely differently! I was made to seek Him. This is where my heart drinks deeply and is satisfied completely in my Savior. Then and only then am I fit to embark into the world, ready to serve and make others happy in God!

Comments

Jen said…
Ohhh, thank you for sharing this. I'm convicted that I have been doing things for God, but neglecting quality time with Him. I have become a Martha lately & it's time to go back to sitting at his feet like Mary. Good reminders, Melissa!

Popular Posts