By now I should have been....
This morning we had a wonderful service at church. The worship was focused on the Fatherhood of our God. Gary Ricucci brought an encouraging word during worship regarding those who are struggling with the reality of the Father's goodness because of an unanswered prayer or a prayer that has been answered differently than they would have desired. I was immediately struck as I realized that the whole issue of not being married has proved a temptation for me to doubt my Savior's goodness. "By now, I should have been married." You can fill in the blank. "By now I should have been pregnant..." "By now I should have had a new job." "By now my kids should have been responding to discipline." "By now I should have seen growth in conquering this sin pattern..."
The reminder this morning was that the Lord hears every prayer. And He IS answering in the way that will bring us the most good and Him the most glory!!! His love was revealed perfectly on the Cross!! There is simply no greater display of His love towards us.
Lord, as I start this new week, may I find my greatest joy in Your love! Forgive me for the times I have doubted Your goodness. May I not be focused on the answers to prayers I am waiting on, but rather on what You have already done on Calvary. May my heart be completely at rest.
Comments