Lavish Provision
I have been in a season of much activity. Aside from the regular things God has called me to here at the Pastors College, much has been going on in my family. And what a story of provision I have to share! It all started about a month ago when my dad unexpectedly lost his job. It was completely out of the blue. He has always been in good standing with all of his co-workers and superiors, and it really just came out of left field. Well in this economy, job-loss is especially frightening. But my parents' examples of steadfast faith in the provision of God was such an example to me. We all prayed long and prayed hard, looking to the Lord for what He had next for my parents. Little did we know what was waiting around the corner. The Lord really used this season in my life to strengthen my faith. I took out my well-worn copy of "Future Grace" by John Piper, and I began studying the book of Hebrews. The Lord used this season of the unknown to really grow my faith. I began earnestly interceding for provision for my parents. And another lesson learned has been increasing my prayer life and growing my desire to truly intercede for needs, to wrestle and labor in prayer before our God. He is eager to bless His needy children. But back to the story...My parents live in North Carolina and interestingly enough, my dad was not getting job offers in NC. However, a company in Fredericksburg, VA (oh, yes only an hour away from me!) pursued him, offered him a wonderful job that he is excited about, and the story continues. My parents visited this town and really liked it. And one of the best parts is that there is a SGM church plant here and they are excited about joining it! To top it all off, God provided an amazingly beautiful and large home for them to rent. It is a new home, situated gorgeously in a literal forest of trees! Even near a bass lake where my dad can fish. Truly, it was as if the Lord was saying, "Watch me work! I will not only provide for your ever need, but I am going to bless your socks off!" I stood amazed as I watched God orchestrate every little detail. And do it all in a matter of days!!! This whole experience has truly built my faith. I am compelled to truly intercede for so many other areas of my life, freshly reminded of my Savior's desire to bless His children and faithfully lead them. Thank You, Lord, for your kindness to my family. How grateful we are for your LAVISH PROVISION!!!
Comments