Asking great things of a great God
"Teach my to live by prayer as well as by providence, for myself, soul, body, children, family, church; Give me a heart frameable to thy will; so might I live in prayer and honor thee . . . Help me not only to desire small things but with holy boldness to desire great things for thy people, for myself, that they and I might live to show thy glory." ~ Living by Prayer (Valley of Vision)
I've been meditating recently on how God uses prayer in our lives. I've been blown away by some specific answers to prayer and just freshly reminded of how the Lord is eager to meet His children. As I read the portion above in Valley of Vision, my desire to bring ALL things before my Lord was strengthened, but even more I was provoked to pray with holy boldness and desire GREAT things! I want to ask great things of my great God, confident that He is eager to work on my behalf. Lord, please increase my tiny little realm of concern as well. May my heart be captured by your glory and may my prayers reflect this. I want to eagerly desire and ask you for great things - I want your glorious cause to engage my heart, not just my often trivial requests. So thank you that you delight in answering the large and the small requests. But please enlarge my vision for your renown!!
Comments