Adventures in California - Days 1-2
Adventures in California
Well, my adventures have begun!! I am so overjoyed to be spending 16 days on the West Coast! I flew in yesterday afternoon and have enjoyed the past day and a half immensely. I'm spending a week serving the SGM church plant in Orange County. I'm staying with the Turbedskys (dear friends, as well as Eric is the pastor of the church), and they are really spoiling me. I was welcomed to my lovely guest room with a vase of roses and welcome cards from the kiddos (as well as snack basket!). And it's been a blur of fun ever since. I'm exhausted, but happily so!
After chatting and enjoying a dinner of homemade pad thai noodles, we took off for what we thought would be a small little community fair of sorts. Little did we know! It was a wonderful "fair" of sorts in a neighborhood park that resembled more of a county fair. We had our own private air show, enjoyed free snacks, listened to bands, etc...It was a lovely day. And this morning, I had the privilege of worshipping with the folks at Sovereign Grace Church of Orange County, where I met a whole host of dear people. I especially enjoyed catching up with Shannon Knotts (who I had known years ago when she lived in Pasadena), as well as meeting Sam Shin and his family (a pastor in the Bay area who I had never met in person). Then the Turbedskys hosted a guest reception for the church, where i was able to interact with a bunch of folks from the church as well as the Shin family. And THEN we went out to dinner at Islands and enjoyed frozen yogurt with the Turbedskys and Shins. Lots of encouraging, Biblical fellowship and just plain fun.
Tomorrow my work begins, as I embark on doing all that I can to serve this church!!! I can't wait. I am so grateful to the Lord for this opportunity. And the fun is just beginning!
draft
Well, my adventures have begun!! I am so overjoyed to be spending 16 days on the West Coast! I flew in yesterday afternoon and have enjoyed the past day and a half immensely. I'm spending a week serving the SGM church plant in Orange County. I'm staying with the Turbedskys (dear friends, as well as Eric is the pastor of the church), and they are really spoiling me. I was welcomed to my lovely guest room with a vase of roses and welcome cards from the kiddos (as well as snack basket!). And it's been a blur of fun ever since. I'm exhausted, but happily so!
After chatting and enjoying a dinner of homemade pad thai noodles, we took off for what we thought would be a small little community fair of sorts. Little did we know! It was a wonderful "fair" of sorts in a neighborhood park that resembled more of a county fair. We had our own private air show, enjoyed free snacks, listened to bands, etc...It was a lovely day. And this morning, I had the privilege of worshipping with the folks at Sovereign Grace Church of Orange County, where I met a whole host of dear people. I especially enjoyed catching up with Shannon Knotts (who I had known years ago when she lived in Pasadena), as well as meeting Sam Shin and his family (a pastor in the Bay area who I had never met in person). Then the Turbedskys hosted a guest reception for the church, where i was able to interact with a bunch of folks from the church as well as the Shin family. And THEN we went out to dinner at Islands and enjoyed frozen yogurt with the Turbedskys and Shins. Lots of encouraging, Biblical fellowship and just plain fun.
Tomorrow my work begins, as I embark on doing all that I can to serve this church!!! I can't wait. I am so grateful to the Lord for this opportunity. And the fun is just beginning!
draft
Comments