Retreating . . .
"Seasons don't repeat themselves. Once a season ends, we don't get that opportunity back again." (Carolyn Mahaney) Reminded anew to seize this season God has given me!!
Tomorrow (Saturday) I will be on a personal planning retreat. Time to prayerfully reflect on and define my particular season right now, consider what God would have me "be about", how I should be investing my time, and then taking time to put all of these priorities into my calendar. So often, my actual schedule doesn't reflect my actual God-given priorities. Who does the Lord want me to be building with relationally? Are there things the Lord has placed on my heart, given me a God-given hunger for? What things am I doing that maybe God isn't calling me to? And then are there things God is calling me to that I am not currently doing? In what areas can I begin preparing my life for marriage (Lord-willing) in the future ? How can I be building wisely? And then I will be spending time practically plugging in all of these things into my calendar - church life, family life, my job responsibilities, serving others/building relationally, quiet times, exercise, you name it.
I'm very excited about this time!! I've been preparing all evening, printing out calendar info, listening to messages on planning and priorities ("In Every Season" by Carolyn Mahaney, "Watch Your Planning" by Mike Bullmore) and prayerfully expectant for how the Lord will meet me. I talked with those more mature than I who regularly have these planning retreats, to learn from their wisdom (Julie Purswell in particular).
While there is always the temptation for me to become self-sufficient or anxious or overwhelmed as I evaluate my life, I am eager to see how the Lord will meet me. My confidence lies in the faithfulness of my Savior and His desire to lead me. Not in my own efforts or planning.
Friends, I would covet your prayers tomorrow. I am expectant for how the Lord will meet me!
Tomorrow (Saturday) I will be on a personal planning retreat. Time to prayerfully reflect on and define my particular season right now, consider what God would have me "be about", how I should be investing my time, and then taking time to put all of these priorities into my calendar. So often, my actual schedule doesn't reflect my actual God-given priorities. Who does the Lord want me to be building with relationally? Are there things the Lord has placed on my heart, given me a God-given hunger for? What things am I doing that maybe God isn't calling me to? And then are there things God is calling me to that I am not currently doing? In what areas can I begin preparing my life for marriage (Lord-willing) in the future ? How can I be building wisely? And then I will be spending time practically plugging in all of these things into my calendar - church life, family life, my job responsibilities, serving others/building relationally, quiet times, exercise, you name it.
I'm very excited about this time!! I've been preparing all evening, printing out calendar info, listening to messages on planning and priorities ("In Every Season" by Carolyn Mahaney, "Watch Your Planning" by Mike Bullmore) and prayerfully expectant for how the Lord will meet me. I talked with those more mature than I who regularly have these planning retreats, to learn from their wisdom (Julie Purswell in particular).
While there is always the temptation for me to become self-sufficient or anxious or overwhelmed as I evaluate my life, I am eager to see how the Lord will meet me. My confidence lies in the faithfulness of my Savior and His desire to lead me. Not in my own efforts or planning.
Friends, I would covet your prayers tomorrow. I am expectant for how the Lord will meet me!
Comments