Looking for the treasures

Well this blog post won't be profound or life-changing. Rather, it is just the overflow of a heart that is needing to put words to the swirlings of my mind. I am exhausted after a very sweet trip to see my grandparents over Easter. And it's not always the wisest to write blog posts when sleep deprived. Oh well! You will just get the real me, as I ramble along. :) (I'm apologizing in advance!). Well, back to my point. My parents and I drove to Ohio and enjoyed a precious time together with my grandparents for Easter. I am so incredibly grateful for the gift of these memories in this season. It dawned on me as I was driving to Ohio that it has only been 3 years since I moved East and have now been able to enjoy these many adventures with my grandparents. After living on opposite coasts my entire life, there is such sweetness to this season. Looking back, I see this as one of the things the Lord had for me in moving East. And I am grateful!

It was a fresh example to me of how the Lord ordains our steps. And has blessings for us along the way, most of which we don't anticipate. Little surprises. Little treasures along the way, as my mom always tells me! ("Look for the treasures..." she says). Oh how right she is! I want to live life looking for the treasures that my Savior has for me. Living expectantly, looking for the good.

So right now, as I prayerfully desire marriage and a family of my own, the Lord is calling me to "Look for the treasures." Even when this season seems to go on and on and on and on and on and on (get my drift?), the Lord has much good for me in this seeming delay. He's right on time. He's not behind. He's still ordaining my steps, and placing blessings for me along the way. The encouragement of a friend, an unexpected gift from my grandma ("for your hope chest" she said....did my heart good!), sweet time with my family over the holidays, the ability to just get in my car and drive to see my parents when I need a heart to heart - All of these are just a few of the treasures that God has given me in this season.

Lord, give me eyes of faith to see You at work in this season of singleness. I want to glorify you, as I surrender to Your plan for my life. And help me to look for the treasures!!

Comments

Jennifer Brown said…
I adore your mom! So wise and sweet and a fantastic hostess. You two are so alike it makes me smile. :)
Melissa Goins said…
Thanks, Jen! Well there is no higher compliment I could receive! My mom is the woman I respect most!! :)

Thanks for popping in! Wish I was there to see "LIttle Women."
Jennifer Brown said…
Me, too! I know you just would've loved it! Heritage has come a loooong way since our days - I loved it then, but it's amazing how many opportunities the kids have now and how big the school has gotten. One of my friends and her husband came to watch the show & she would never have considered doing homeschooling, but was really impressed with Michelle & the other kids she saw & met. Jesus shines in their little faces!

Popular Posts