Heading to NEXT
Well if you could see me right now, you'd have an amusing show to enjoy! Boarding pass? Check. Directions to airport? Check. Choir music? Check. Toiletries in a quart sized baggie because I attempted to pack everything for a 4 day conference in my carry on? Double Check! Anyone that knows me well, knows that this in itself is a small miracle. In fact, this very accomplishment should fuel my faith that God is able to do anything! (Insert sheepish laugh...).
On a more serious note, I am scrambling over here, packing for our annual NEXT conference. This has always been a highlight in my year, as we take 4 days over Memorial Day weekend to hear some pretty amazing speakers, enjoy extended periods of refreshing worship and get to fellowship with friends. It really is a blast! I must admit though, this year I registered but as the date approached, with so many things going on at work and in my family (my nephew was born - woo hoo!), I found myself wondering why I am even going. Additionally, the conference has a bit of a different focus this year, one that I wasn't overly excited about. (Theme is worldview, lots of intellectual speakers, etc..). However, I have been attempting to speak truth to myself this past week, reminding myself that God in His providence WANTS me there. For some reason! So I want my expectation to be GREAT! I want to go to this conference, eagerly looking for how He will lead, the fellowship He has ordained for me to have, the people He is calling me to reach out to and encourage, the ways He wants to speak to me and encourage me, and what He specifically wants to teach me.
I'd appreciate your prayers as I head to Orlando, FL tomorrow. Looking for God to do big things in my heart this weekend.
On a more serious note, I am scrambling over here, packing for our annual NEXT conference. This has always been a highlight in my year, as we take 4 days over Memorial Day weekend to hear some pretty amazing speakers, enjoy extended periods of refreshing worship and get to fellowship with friends. It really is a blast! I must admit though, this year I registered but as the date approached, with so many things going on at work and in my family (my nephew was born - woo hoo!), I found myself wondering why I am even going. Additionally, the conference has a bit of a different focus this year, one that I wasn't overly excited about. (Theme is worldview, lots of intellectual speakers, etc..). However, I have been attempting to speak truth to myself this past week, reminding myself that God in His providence WANTS me there. For some reason! So I want my expectation to be GREAT! I want to go to this conference, eagerly looking for how He will lead, the fellowship He has ordained for me to have, the people He is calling me to reach out to and encourage, the ways He wants to speak to me and encourage me, and what He specifically wants to teach me.
I'd appreciate your prayers as I head to Orlando, FL tomorrow. Looking for God to do big things in my heart this weekend.
Comments