Oh No! What did I do???

I found my mind wandering as I was getting ready for bed tonight. And as I was thinking about my upcoming birthday, and the fact that I was celebrating another year single (sigh), a very amusing fictional conversation was running through my mind. It went something like this -

Me: Well Lord, another year has come and gone. And I'm still single.
God: Oh no! Really? How did I lose track? Yikes! Hmm....let me see what I can do. I totally forgot about you!
Me: (stunned silence)
God: I got so busy with so many other needs and helping so many other people get situated in Godly marriages, that I completely forgot that you were still waiting. How did that slip my mind?

It was quite an entertaining few seconds, as this conversation flew threw my mind. And the idiocy of the whole thing hit me like a ton of bricks!! Why do I so often act as if my Savior, the one who created me, the one who knows the number of hairs on my head (and boy do I have a headful!), the one who has orchestrated every event in my life and led and sustained me these past 31 almost 32 years, why do I act as if He has forgotten about me. Why do I feel the need to remind Him? (As if He isn't already full aware!).

I am reminded yet again that all the way my Savior leads me. None of this is a surprise to Him. In fact, HE is the one who has ordained it all. Every nanosecond of my life. All of it. Period.

Psalm 139 is such a comfort to me - He created me! He formed me in my mother's womb. And He has written every day in His book, before one of them has come to be. This day. This day where I would turn 32 and still have no prospects of marriage in sight. This day where I find myself in a very different set of circumstances than I would have dreamed at this juncture in my life. This day. He wrote THIS DAY in His book.

And He's not forgotten about me. Quite the contrary, He is actively at work in my life each and every day, showing me more of His love for me. Deepening my trust in Him. Lavishing me with wonderful gifts of family and friends.

Thank You, Lord, that You know exactly what You are doing. You are not taken by surprise. You are at work, and I am at rest. Now THAT'S a good way to walk into my 32nd year!!

Comments

Jennifer Brown said…
This is just what I needed to hear! I was having this same conversation with a single friend recently & in your head you KNOW God hasn't forgotten you, but it's easy to slip into that thinking at times when it seems time is running out. What helped me in those moments was remembering that "if I will bring Him more glory married, He will provide." Thank you for this post, friend - it did my heart good. Blessings to you! :)
Melissa Goins said…
So grateful we can walk through thie life and encourage each other...Our God is GOOD! And He loves us more than we can imagine. Such a sweet truth to rest in! Love ya!

Popular Posts