On the eve of my thirty second year

Here I sit, basking in the last hour of my life at 31. Thinking of all God taught me, the amazing things He's done in my heart, the pleasant paths He's led me in...As I think back on what this past year has held, so many things come to mind:

Many special memories with my family: three trips to San Diego to visit Dave and Maris, they came to VA for Christmas, lots of fun outings and celebrations with my grandparents, including a trip to the Chesapeake in the fall and Ocean City in the spring. The birth of my dear nephew Jackson David whom I love with all my heart!! (and a very bumpy ride he's had since his birth in May...we have been on our knees and are now rejoicing in the Lords protection and healing!) And then I also enjoyed lots of fun weekends in VA making memories with my parents!! My mom and I traveled to NC for a friends wedding and enjoyed a fun weekend in March. And then in April I surprised her for her bday with a weekend in DC for the cherry blossoms! These times with my family are truly Gods gift to me in this season...I am SO grateful!

This past year also held some memorable times with friends:I celebrated my 10 year college reunion in Feb and enjoyed a wonderful trip down memory lane with my dear friend Vanessa as we sang with old classmates and even reunited as Legacy to sing in a concert. Such a wonderful time with CHC students and faculty. This past year the Lord has blessed me with a sweet friend in MD which was an answer to prayer. Jessica Britt moved here in October and I continue to enjoy Biblical fellowship and lots of laughs with her...


Another highlight of this past year has been some unique opportunities to serve. The Pastors College took a year off from normal operations and while we were still quite busy, the lightened load enabled me to serve the SGM church in OC in a special way. I went out for an "M-Team" in July and then served them a bit throughout this past year, culminating in a trip to OC again in March. And then I was also able to travel to Philly in March to help administrate a church planting conference.

Whew! I had forgotten what a busy year it has been! :) writing it all down reminds me! But it was a wonderfully rich year! And much of what God had for me were unexpected blessings...good works He had planned for me to walk in. Coming into my 31st year, I would not have had a clue. And yet God knew. He has written all of my days in His book. So as I enter the threshold of this new year as a 32 year old, my confidence lies in my Faithful God! He has good things ordained for me. This year is a fresh page...a new chapter...eagerly awaiting Gods writing of my story. A verse in Psalms says "We live our lives as a tale that is told." I'm eager to see what tale God wants to write in and through my life this year. Lord, You have taught me so much this year about trusting You and being fully content in who You are. Though I may not have all that I desire, You have lavishly given me more than I deserve! I am expectantly awaiting all that You have for me this year!!!!

Cheers to 32!!

Comments

Jen said…
Happy Birthday, sweet friend! What a joy to look back with you on all the good gifts / opportunities God brought your way this last year. Excited to see what He has in store for you this year! :)

Popular Posts