Reminders of His care

Today was one of those days. Yes, those days that we all experience. I woke up discouraged, woke up late, had a few minutes in the Word but not many, could have used a lot more! Raced to work. Called my mom on the way in to work and everything just welled up inside as I bared my soul to her. It has been a very difficult season in a lot of ways and as my words poured out, so did my tears. Well I was already late (remember the beginning of the story), so my mom prayed for me and I raced into the office.

Well one of the things my mom prayed was that the Lord would bring people across my path to encourage me. WELL, that He did! A dear friend brought me my favorite Starbucks drink an hour after I walked in the door. (Now THAT communicates care!). Then later on that afternoon, Julie Purswell dropped in to give me a hug and I wasn't at my desk, so she left me a post it note communicating her care. And it kept coming! That afternoon, a coworker and friend wanted to treat me to a holiday Starbucks drink. (Two in one day?? Now that's a good day!).

Well it kept coming. Only the Lord would have known how to minister so specifically and so lavishly. I'm still in awe and find myself almost in tears as I remember His care...A dear Pastors College family had invited Nora Earles (a coworker) and I over for dinner. Well come to find out, they had wanted to do it to encourage us in this difficult season, remind us of the Lord's love for us and to communicate gratitude to us. WELL, little did I know what was awaiting me!! From the moment we walked in, we sensed their lavish care. A bountifully set table, complete with fine china, flowers, even scripture verses at our table setting (with a verse from Colossians about working as unto the Lord, looking to Him), amazing food (shrimp, beef, delicious desserts, fine coffee from the Dominican Republic, and I could go on). I was truly blown away by the specific care I was receiving! I thought we were just coming over for dinner...but oh no! This was an event. And it had been carefully planned with our encouragement and strengthening in mind.

Wonderful conversation, delicious food, a specific prayer to the Lord to encourage our hearts, and countless special touches that all communicated planning and preparation with us in mind. And that wasn't it! Just when we thought we had been spoiled far too much already, out comes two large gift bags. And they said "we have a gift for you." We thought "what in the world??? We've already been spoiled incredibly!" Lisa Espinal (the wife) had picked out a beautiful purse and scarf for each of us. And what still blows my mind is she picked out an absolute perfect gift for each of us!!! I LOVE my purse and it is my style exactly!! What's more - I had been secretly wanting a red purse for the holidays. And what color is it? Red. Oh my! I found my eyes welling up with tears. How generous. How kind. How grateful I was to them for the kindness.

But what overwhelmed me the most (and still is right now as I reflect on tonight) is my Father's specific and personal care for ME His daughter. The Espinals do not know me well. And yet He used them to communicate care, encouragement and to just absolutely delight my heart!! !

Lord, I am humbled and amazed by your love for me. Thank You for how You care for me. And today of all days - when I was really struggling. You chose today to pour your kindness on me in such tangible ways.

What sweet reminders!

Comments

Popular Posts