He writes my story....

I find myself very emotional tonight. I think it's the post-conference dive. So much adrenaline as you prepare for a big event, and then when it's over there's a bit of a let-down. I was fumbling thinking "am I depressed?" But I'm not. I'm just a little tired. A little somber. A little reflective. Been listening to the song "How Emptiness Sings." Speaks my heart perfectly. life can be hard. It can be lonely. But God is at work - "the bow is on the strings." And He's writing my story into His song. I want to bring Him glory. Even in the "off days." Do it, Lord! Glorify Yourself, even through my fumbling.

HOW EMPTINESS SINGS
(Christa Wells)

Sister carries her loneliness
In a hidden hollow inside her chest
And sometimes all that she wants is an end
To the long, long night
But ooh,
Her bow is on the strings,
And the tune resonates in the open space
To show us how emptiness sings:
Glory to God, Glory to God!
In fullness of wisdom,
He writes my story into his song,
My life for the glory of God.

Comments

Jen said…
I just read this and for the last week or so have been thinking about you and wondering how your heart has been. That song is penned so perfectly for such trying times when you wonder how God will make beauty out of dashed dreams (though you know He's promised he will!). It's so hard - waiting year after year, being obedient and wondering where the bend in the road is. I pray that He would send you comfort this week & encouragement. Mostly, I pray that He would grant the good desires of your heart! :)
Melissa Goins said…
Thank you, sweet friend! Very grateful!

Popular Posts