Not cast headlong

I've been reflecting on this portion of Scripture tonight and it is food for my weary soul. Tonight I found myself burdened for some very real and major family crises...on top of things I'm walking through personally as I look to the future. My mind was reeling. But the Lord in His kindness quickly brought this portion of Scripture to my mind and heart. And it was like rain on parched soul. I drank it up. My God will ALWAYS be faithful. He will ALWAYS provide. He will NEVER cast me headlong. I am so grateful that He is the anchor of my soul, even as waves pound me on the rocks. I am secure. He is good. So as I lift up a myriad of needs around me to the throne of grace, I do so confidently, expecting mercy to be poured out! He will NEVER forsake His own!

Psalm 37:23-25

The steps of a man are established by the LORD, when he delights in his way;
though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong, for the LORD upholds his hand.
I have been young, and now am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or his children begging for bread.

Comments

Popular Posts