Trust
Such a simple word. Such a basic, elementary building block of my Christian life. And yet, it is here in the simple, obvious and assumed that the Lord is really doing some deep stuff in my heart. Oh I trust the Lord ultimately. And I know He is good ultimately. And I know He is sovereign over all. These are non-negotiables. And yet, I'm finding how often I am not living in the good of these unshakeable truths.
But this past year (even this past week), the Lord has been showing me my lack of trust. Showing me how good He is even in the yucky stuff of life. Showing me that He will never, ever lose hold of me. That nothing can ever, ever separate me from His love. That He knows exactly what He is doing, when He tells me no, when He withholds what I think is best for me. He is my Father, lovingly leading me on this journey called life.
And so in the crucible of life, I am finding a sweet peace that I have never known so deeply. A sweet release as I loosen my white-knuckled grip on my plans for my life and trust my Heavenly Father to do what is best with me, in me and for me.
He has proved this love on Calvary. No greater demonstration of His unwavering love. This love won't ever, ever let me go. I'm tasting a bit of this inexhaustible well of His love and care for me.
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him. How I've proved Him o'er and o'er. Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus. O for grace to trust Him more.
Comments