But God
though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong, for the LORD upholds his hand.
This verse in Psalm 37 has truly been my experience these past few weeks. There were indeed moments I felt cast headlong. And yet of course I wasn't. Emotionally drained, worried about many things, walking through health crises with my family, every faculty tensed and ready for action. You know these seasons well. We all do. Every one of us will eventually walk through times of sorrow and trial, where it seems all we can do is fall in a pitiful heap, laboring just to consciously put one foot in front of the other.
And yet it's right in the middle of our mess - our worries, our burdens, our sorrows - that our Savior enters. His everlasting arms brace our fall. Oh we may stumble, and we may fall, convinced that we will surely crack under the pressure of it all.
But God.
These two words speak of infinite power. They are game-changers. They are life-altering. For we may fall, but we will never be cast away. We will never fall so far that the love of our Savior can't reach us and pick us back up. Sweet comfort. Unshakeable confidence. Abiding peace.
Oh there are times I struggle deeply, and there are seasons of heart wrenching trial. I am walking through some of this right now. But in the midst of it all, my heart is strengthened by two powerful words. And those words uphold me - But God.
This verse in Psalm 37 has truly been my experience these past few weeks. There were indeed moments I felt cast headlong. And yet of course I wasn't. Emotionally drained, worried about many things, walking through health crises with my family, every faculty tensed and ready for action. You know these seasons well. We all do. Every one of us will eventually walk through times of sorrow and trial, where it seems all we can do is fall in a pitiful heap, laboring just to consciously put one foot in front of the other.
And yet it's right in the middle of our mess - our worries, our burdens, our sorrows - that our Savior enters. His everlasting arms brace our fall. Oh we may stumble, and we may fall, convinced that we will surely crack under the pressure of it all.
But God.
These two words speak of infinite power. They are game-changers. They are life-altering. For we may fall, but we will never be cast away. We will never fall so far that the love of our Savior can't reach us and pick us back up. Sweet comfort. Unshakeable confidence. Abiding peace.
Oh there are times I struggle deeply, and there are seasons of heart wrenching trial. I am walking through some of this right now. But in the midst of it all, my heart is strengthened by two powerful words. And those words uphold me - But God.
Comments