He takes care of His own
Reflecting on the Lord's care. It's lavish. It's undeserved. It doesn't always come with pomp and circumstance, but often rushes in quietly. And I realize after the fact that it was there sustaining me.
This week found me sick on the couch for 3 days. I was sad to miss Christmas parties I had been excited about. I quickly then found myself needing to prepare for a big PC guest class at work. While I was getting better, I did not have my usual energy back and couldn't imagine being up to the challenge. As I was praying, I reminded the Lord that "We serve in the strength you supply." I then asked Him for strength to do what He had called me to. "Lord, you're going to need to supply it." And amazingly, He has done just that. His mercy has went before me, giving me newfound strength, helping my confused cold-medicated mind recall necessary details, and given me much joy!! I have been amazed watching His power at work in my life in such specific ways this week. His care. Once again, He knows what I need and is faithful to sustain.
I am grateful that He takes care of His own. Knowing what lies ahead, He gives us just what we need to do what He's called us to.
This week found me sick on the couch for 3 days. I was sad to miss Christmas parties I had been excited about. I quickly then found myself needing to prepare for a big PC guest class at work. While I was getting better, I did not have my usual energy back and couldn't imagine being up to the challenge. As I was praying, I reminded the Lord that "We serve in the strength you supply." I then asked Him for strength to do what He had called me to. "Lord, you're going to need to supply it." And amazingly, He has done just that. His mercy has went before me, giving me newfound strength, helping my confused cold-medicated mind recall necessary details, and given me much joy!! I have been amazed watching His power at work in my life in such specific ways this week. His care. Once again, He knows what I need and is faithful to sustain.
I am grateful that He takes care of His own. Knowing what lies ahead, He gives us just what we need to do what He's called us to.
Comments